Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Past

I guess by the time you reach the age of 55 you shouldn't be surprised that your past catches up to you. But I am surprised, floored would be a better word. I'm on Facebook mainly because of my high school alumni committee members. So far the only people that have asked me to be their friend have been former classmates...until today.
At first when I saw the name I was confused. I kept repeating the name asking myself "who in the hell is this". Then it hit me. OMG an ex girl friend from 25 years ago. A period in my life when I was young and stupid. Very stupid and quite frankly not all that young. I really should have been more secure and not so naive at the age of 30. Regardless, it was not a time in my life that I can look back on with fond memories.
I really should have ignored the request, but I didn't. I allowed the exchange to happen. She wants me to call sometime so we can catch up. ooooohhhhh boy. I'm going to regret this. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment